I recently watched a speech given by Stacey Flowers, peak performance coach, wherein she talks about the 5 people we need to be happy.
1. Cheerleader. You need somebody in your life who believes in you and your magic even when you struggle to believe in yourself. Mine is my friend Emilee - she literally thinks I'm Ah-Mazing!
2. Mentor. Your Mentor will to point you in the right direction when you’re feeling lost. This may be a Coach with whom you're developing a longer term relationship; i.e. somebody who wakes up or goes to sleep thinking about you periodically because they're invested like a big brother or sister in your success. The relationship is loving and familial.
3. Coach. Your Coach is there to take you out of your comfort zone so you can maximize your potential; they're more of an "hourly" employee of yours than a mentor, who's a long-term relationship and often isn't paid for their mentorship.
You must pay this person so that they're invested in helping you and sharing their decades of experience with you into just hours or days. Plus, when you invest in your coach, YOU show up more for yourself and your business with their wisdom! Your coach has seen others where you are, they may have even been there themselves.
They know where the landmines are to avoid and how to get to the next level elegantly and efficiently.
4. Friend. Your friend is there to listen to and encourage you to dream big and follow your desires.
5. Peer. A peer is different from a friend because she or he will know your industry or task-at-hand. They can provide valuable feedback and keep you focused in the race to meet your goals.
Do you have a coach, mentor, cheerleader, peer and friend you can rely on?
Before you continue reading, take a moment to write down the words Mentor, Coach, Cheerleader, Peer and Friend on a piece of paper and find out who you're missing STAT!
The Sixth Critical Relationship Experts Often Miss...
John Randolph Price in my pocket-sized Abundance Book writes,
"The Ancients taught that to understand one's self was to understand God, and through the process of meditation, one could release the divine energy from within and transmute discord into harmony, ignorance into wisdom, fear into love and lack into abundance."
I'm pretty good at reaching out to a mentor, a coach, my peers, my friends and my "cheerleader" when I need each one of them, respectively.
But also I want to add something to the mix.
You need a relationship with yourself.
You need to hear your own intuition.
You need to commune with your higher power in order to understand life.
You must have the ability to transmute self-sabotage and sadness in order to be strong enough to rely on others.
You must find strength from within and happiness notwithstanding worldly circumstance... or else these five are just blowing hot air.
You will always suffer if you cannot be the source of your own happiness...
One of my favorite simple lessons on this subject is from The Buddha, who says "that there is no path to happiness; happiness is the path."
Do you feel content with the level of your Mentor, Cheerleader, Friend, Peer or Coach relationships in your life?
Today I want to connect you with cheerleaders, mentors, teachers, and new friends to help you manifest your best life.